Friday, January 31, 2014

Currently February

I have never done this before.  But I am linking up with Farley from Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for the Currently Linky.  This is so fun. 



1) Listening:  Adam…that's all that needs to be said here.

2) Loving:  This is being called "the winter that never was."  I know I put myself in peril from all those back east who have had like their bazillionth snow day.  But, I feel jipped.  I want rain, sleet, clouds, and wind.  I want to wear sweaters, and jackets on top of my sweaters. The last week or so has been a constant 70 degrees and sunny.  Sigh...  P.S - Please don't send me hate mail.

3) Thinking:  I REALLY need a new car.  I have always settled for the practical, low mileage, brown, used car.  I desperately want a mid-size SUV.  I love the Ford Escape Hybrid, but probably won't be able to swing that and would have to settle for the regular gas guzzling one.  Would love any input.

4) Wanting:  Heck, I just need new shoes.  But, I love all the boots this season.

5) Needing:  This hits right at my heart.  It has been over a year….sniff…sniff…since I have had a facial.  My "most favoritest"  (leave me alone,  I am in pain and am therefore allowed to use abominable grammar) spa, Coldwater Creek Spa, closed down awhile back and I am paralyzed.  I refuse to let anyone touch my face, feet, or hands because I know it will just not be the same.  They had me at "scalp massage."  LOVE!

6) #1 is a LIE:  I am completely, nutty-scared of bees.  I have been stung several times and always have really bad reactions.  Once, I was even stung on the inside of my lip.  Have never enjoyed grape soda since.

#2 is TRUE:  Marine Corp Brat…and maybe just a little gypsy.  I still get an itch every couple of years to pack up.

#3 is TRUE:  I don't have a data plan on my phone.  I only use it to make phone calls.  Up until last September, my husband and I actually shared one phone.  Cray, right?  Whoever had the kids, had the phone.  

Have a great weekend.  Oh, and check out the teaser below.  It's going to be good!


Nicole


8 comments:

  1. Welcome to Currently!!! Hope you will join in again :) If I had to pick your lie, I would have picked the text messaging one. I hope you get your facial soon
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam... swoon.... I'm right there with you :) I would give anything to see him live in concert!! AND, if you find any cute brown boots, you MUST share your discovery... I've been searching for some as well! As for your truths and lie, I couldn't live without my data plan and text messages... wow! The bees made me laugh.... I am NOT a fan of bees.
    ~ Krystal
    good enough teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your currently! I agree with you...with wanting to experience true winter. I love wearing sweaters and enjoy it when it gets super cold in Vegas...but that is very rare. I'd love for it to rain here, but it doesn't happen very often. Good luck with finding a new car! I hope you get one that you really, really like. Have a great weekend!

    Alma:)
    Mrs. Solis Teaching Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love my SUV - Kia Sorento. It's got good gas milage and gets me from A to B just fine! But, I totally know what you mean about the standard sedan… I had one and decided NOPE I'm going bigger and ever since I got it 2 years ago, I haven't regretted it once! I connect with ya on the Marine Corp brat part.. our kiddos once we have them will be Coastie brats. Moving every 3 years on the dot.. I'm kind of excited about it personally - I love moving and rearranging at a new place!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to currently! I hope you get that facial soon because it sounds wonderful! I have to tell you that snow days really aren't all they're cracked up to be...you usually end up staying in school longer in June to make up those missed days. Hope you figure out what vehicle to get...I am of no help in that dept. since I drive my trusty old Honda.
    Teacher Gone Digital

    ReplyDelete
  6. After I got out of college I was a bit of a wanderer. I moved all around and traveled anywhere I could get to. My dad worked for Delta Airlines so I was able to go almost anywhere for nothing! I have lived in my current home for 7 years! It's the longest I have stayed anywhere! Go buy some boots, retail therapy is the best! I think Target has some on sale ;)

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow no texting! Amazing, I never call anyone anymore, just texts or emails. Maroon 5 is coming to the rodeo in Houston, thinking about going and seeing them. I saw them like 10 years ago opening for Matchbox 20 before they were even famous.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post is extremely helpful. I will keep following. Thank you for sharing this information. canada movers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...