Sunday, November 30, 2014

December Holiday Study, Fables & Folktale Fun, and Freebies!

First off, I wanted to let you know that I will be participating in the TPT CyberSale going on Monday, December 1st thru Tuesday, December 2nd!

But, come on!  We're teachers!  We like to get our things on Sunday, so we can be ahead of the game!  So, my store is on sale today, too!  Click the sale button below, to go to my store :)


Ok, with that being said.  I only teach for about 3 weeks in December, but let's be honest.  It can be a tough 3 weeks.  It can be hard to keep students engaged at this time.  So, today I am sharing some of my plans for the month.

This month my district's unit of study is on folktales and fables, so I will definitely be on the hunt for some fun things to put into my cart during the sale.  But, I already have some other ideas ready to go.

I just made this fun unit on Holidays Around the World.  This 120+ page informational text unit will whisk your around the world as they learn about Las Posadas (Mexico), Diwali (India), Chinese New Year (China), Hanukkah (Israel), and Kwanzaa (U.S).


So, my thought is that we will be spending some time going through this unit, and I found some great picture books to tie this in with our Folktale/Fables unit.  Here are some of my favorites.

When we are reading about Las Posadas, we will read these Mexican folktales…



When we are studying Diwali, we will also read…



When we are learning about Chinese New Year, we will read…

 


Finally, while we are learning about Kwanzaa and its African origins, we will read…



 





When we are reading about Hanukkah, we will enjoy…




I think this will keep us busy!  Don't you think?  Here are a couple of December-ish Freebies!


Have a great week!

Nicole

1 comment:

  1. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s
    time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to
    suggest you some interesting things or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles
    referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!
    Download Google Play Services v19.6.29

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...