Friday, April 20, 2012

A Friday Freebie for Followers

I hope everyone has had a great week and is looking forward to the weekend.  In honor of our much loved Saturday and Sunday, I am posting my first freebie! 

My daughter came home last year with a little mini-word wall.  I saved it, thinking that one day I would do something like it with my own students.  A couple of hours later, and oila...a Parts of Speech Flip Book for the primary grades! 
So, what I did with my little guys is use this flip book as a "cram before  the test" parts of speech review.  Yeah, you know what I am talking about.  The flip book covers nouns, verbs, adjectives, and pronouns.  I used the cover page for each part of speech as a springboard for a mini-lesson, and then we ended by coming up with some example words together to put on the write-in pages.  Finally, I wrapped it up by having the students go on a "word hunt" in their reading books for more examples of that part of speech.  Here are some sample pages:
Click HERE to get your copy!  Please, please if you download this, take the time to give a rating and/or feedback.  It is so appreciated.

I hope you like it!  Enjoy, and happy weekend.
Nicole

12 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! Such a great freebie - thanks for sharing! I will definitely use this in my class!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Dwyer and Sara S. I'm glad you think this will be useful in your classrooms. Let me know how it works out.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an elementary SLP, and I look forward to using this with my groups!

    Thanks,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Erin, I am glad you found it helpful

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I will be letting my students place these in their book baskets to add examples as they read:) Thanks for sharing!

    Ellen
    Great {First Grade} Expectations

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your website via Pinterest. I am so glad I found it. I just got a job teachng a 1/2 combo class. I am very excited about the opportunity and I am sure i will be visitng your blog for ideas on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabrina,

      Glad you stopped by. We are looking forward to sharing ideas with you.

      Nicole

      Delete
  7. So helpful. My daughter lights up when she sees this chart. It just makes everything clear to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited about this find. This is going to be a great review next week after our first six weeks of working on parts of speech.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great for my little ones..thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I hope it is helpful.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...