Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Multiplication Monday

So we have been working on multiplication for a couple of weeks.  We have done "Circles and Stars", cut and pasted arrays, and practiced using multiplication to solve repeated addition problems.  This Monday, we did a "Multiplication Around the Room" activity.  I used it as kind of a pre-test, informal assessment, to see where the kids were at.  I love any activity that gets my students moving and speaking about math.  I enjoy listening to their conversations, and seeing if they are using their math vocabulary to clarify and explain their thinking.  This activity provides a fun opportunity for students to do just that.  Take a look:


Mrs. Rios Teaches: Multiplication Around the Room Activity and Center
Product Updated 2/20/16

Mrs. Rios Teaches: Multiplication Around the Room Activity and Center

I just print, cut, and hang the station cards around the room.  I don't own a laminator, so I just dropped them into a plastic page protector until I can get to my local teacher store.


The kids had a great time moving around the room and writing the multiplication number sentence that was represented on each of the 20 station cards.  I plan to do a lot more of these type of activities after our CST test in May.  They will have a lot of energy to release after that, and activities like this might just save what is left of my sanity.  If you are interested, you can find this activity here in my Tpt store.  

Looking for more fun math ideas? Follow me on Pinterest!


Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for following my blog! I am your newest follower and love your blog! Your multiplication pack is super cute! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your multiplication unit looks so cute! I am a new follower.

    Stop by and visit when you get a chance.
    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan and Krista, thank you both for following me. I am heading over to your blogs asap.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for providing such valuable information. There is one such company that goes by the name of Online Assignment Expert that caters to the needs of students in universities around the world. We provide Assignment help Australia with our exceptional team of writers who are experts in their corresponding disciplines and cover numerous amounts of related topics.
    You can do a lot by efficiently delivering java programming assignment help that is a part of the discipline of computer science. Our value-added services cover one-to-one sessions with the experts of Assignment provider proofreading, and quality checking free of cost! Moreover, assignments written by us are plagiarism-free provided with a set of Turnitin report. We guarantee 100% customer satisfaction through our services. Contact our services now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...