Friday, May 18, 2012

Countdown to Summer! Writing Journal and a Freebie

My students and I are still in the middle of testing, but I can already feel the change in the air.  The End-of-the-Year siren is calling to all of us.  Beckoning.  Ooh, how I want to be there!

But, alas, it is not my time....yet.  In preparation for the long days after testing, I have put together an end-of-the-year writing journal.  This journal will give my kiddos a chance to reflect on this school year, anticipate the next school year, and look ahead to summer vacation.  It includes narrative writing, friendly letter writing, and poetry...AND  it has enough writing topics to see me through the last month of school (or 20 school days). 

Click on any of the images below to take you to my TPT Store, where if you download the preview, you can see most of the pages that are included and a list of writing topics.

UPDATE 5/23/12:  This item now includes a primary-lined version and an intermediate-lined version.  You will get both versions for the price of one!







Each writing topic has it's own graphic organizer.


Above is a sample of the intermediate-lined version.
The primary-lined version samples  are below.





This item also contains two poems.  The one below is available as a 2 page FREEBIE just for you!  Just click on image.


This item includes 5 letter-writing topics.



Here is another little freebie for Friday!  Ok, I know this is ridiculously simple.  But, I really needed it to review measurements of time with my kids.  They love to learn anything put to music.  I hope someone out there can use it, too.





Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Love the time measurement songs! I've been looking for something like this and I'm so grateful you shared them :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so glad you can use them. I almost felt silly posting them. They are so simple.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the simple 10 Little Indian piggy back songs for time relationships. I have a 2nd grader that is really struggling with that...we'll sing it until he gets it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's often the "simple things" we overlook...so never feel bad about posting "simple things". ;-D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...